How do we get started?
We start with a complimentary 1 hour phone consultation. This enables us to do an initial exploration of the questions or challenges you're grappling with, and to see whether I would be the right coach for you. If you would be better served by working with someone else, I will use what I learn to recommend other coaches who might be a better fit.
Where do sessions take place?
Sessions are in person, by phone, or by Skype -- whatever is most convenient for you. I work with most of my clients by phone or Skype. My clients are based all over the U.S. and abroad.
How frequently do we talk?
Sessions are generally twice a month and 60 minutes long. If you need additional support, there is flexibility to arrange for more frequent, or longer sessions.
There is unlimited email and text access between sessions. Some clients find it helpful to share realizations they've had, the result of a new approach they tried, or just where they are on a given day. I enjoy being in touch between sessions -- it energizes me and deepens my understanding of where and who you are.
For urgent matters that come up, I'm also available for short (10 minutes) phone/Skype calls between sessions.
What does a session look like?
I start each session by asking what you'd like to be coached on for that session. In other words, you drive the agenda. Some things I do as your coach are:
- I listen, both for what you say and for the meaning between and underneath your words.
- I mirror yourself back to you.
- I sometimes use visualizations or other kinds of exercises to open up new ways of thinking, feeling, and being.
- I tell you what I notice. These are sometimes things no one else in your life will say to you.
- I hold you accountable to your most powerful vision for yourself, even and especially when you're doubting it.
- I see and acknowledge who you are.
- I make my experiences, for example with leadership positions, available to you if you decide they would be useful.
And here are some things I don't do:
- Judge you.
- Tell you what the right answer is based on my opinions.
- Complete your sentences.
- Take things personally when you tell me what is/isn't working for you.
- Protect you from things that are hard.
Please note that coaching is different from therapy, consulting, and mentoring. The International Coach Federation has a useful discussion of the differences.
How long does a coaching engagement last?
The average amount of time clients work with me is 6 months. But we will tailor the length to what makes sense for you.
How much does it cost?
Contact me for rates.
Disclaimer: The material contained in this website and any other communication from Hyeon-Ju Rho Coaching is an expression of opinion and is not to be construed as legal, medical or professional advice.